Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Marion Fly-In September 3

Jeff Melin says:
On July 9 I was flying over Marion, IN when "The Wind Quit."

After landing at Marion Municipal, a very friendly man named Ray Johnson arrived at mid-field in a pickup to assist in any way possible. After a few words, we both recalled that we had talked by phone last year about CISS having an exhibit (Glider) in the annual "Fly In - Cruise In" Pancake Breakfast there on the Saturday Morning of Labor Day Weekend.

Last year no one responded, this year I find myself in the position of "owing him one" as he graciously flew me back to I99 in his award winning Aeronca "Chief" to get my trailer and vehicle.

When I arrived back at Marion, he and several other hangar bums were there to assist and watch. They have a high level of interest.

I will be taking 8C up for the event and ask that all other members interested in seeing the assembled aircraft and cars, make it to the breakfast which starts at 7:00 AM. Proceeds benefit the Marion HS Band.

No comments: