Sunday, February 15, 2009

Placing Info on the Blog

Several people have asked about the process for posting to this blog. Here's how it works:

Only people listed as 'authors' can actually post to the weblog. If you want to write a blog post, though, just write it up with a suitable title and email it to one or more authors and ask them if they'll post it for you.

The authors are currently Nyal Williams, George Saunders, Don Taylor, and me (Darren).

The blog is not an official instrument of the non-profit entity CISS. The governance of the weblog has relied solely on my own judgment (for better or worse). There aren't, or weren't, any formal rules about becoming an 'author' here because I felt I was able to keep up with it without help. Then I went inactive in the club and realized that we probably needed a few more authors because I wasn't checking in as frequently. These days I'm asking George Saunders to make the decisions (including, specifically, decisions about who to add as an author).

If you want to write up a blog post and send it to an 'author' to post for you, by all means do so. It helps if you can actually write it up in full. Including links and and coming up with a catchy subject line also helps. If you start doing this on a regular basis, maybe you'll be on the short list next time new authors are being recruited.

(If you just want to see what blogging is like, then get yourself a Blogger account and set up your own blog. You can write about anything you want, even soaring!)

Darren

p.s. Please don't be offended if you send an article to me and I don't respond or post it; I've got a lot of non-soaring stuff to deal with just now. Thanks!

No comments: