Saturday, December 23, 2006

News Flash: Blogger Not Really Broken!

I found the problem that was causing the sidebar of the main blog page to drop to the bottom, and making the page look terrible in the process. If you think the page still looks terrible I won't argue with you, but at least it looks more like what I had in mind.

I don't know how much time I spent trying to find a problem in the blog template causing the mess, but just now I realized that the problem was actually in one of the posts I made recently. There was probably an un-closed HTML tag or something screwing up the whole works.

I have been making a lot of posts on behalf of other people lately - Ron, Craig, etc. and apparently Blogger and Gmail do not play nice together when you forward an email directly to the blog from Gmail. Now I know how to avoid the problem and the page should look like itself again.

No comments: