Thursday, December 21, 2006

ZA's Dream

From: ZASoars
If you wake up in the middle of the night during the next week it could just be because your internal clock is adjusting to longer days in the weeks ahead. Last night I had a dream where ZA was out on course from Alex - with Ristow a good 2000 feet higher ( normal ) . It was 3 pm and I heard on the radio that Nyal was starting to rig . Bedwell was low over Portland airfield and Wools was "topping up" he said before pushing on. Nichols, Ruble, Rutledge,Weber and Carpenter were all 15 miles ahead of me which made me realize that I should have flown with my longer wings. Taylor, De Witt, Newill, and Simpson were waiting to launch and Mario was taking a friend for a ride . Get the picture ?
My THORMONES ( Thermal hormones ) suddenly woke me up and did a quick calculation - we're less than 75 days from March thermals which can go above 9000msl.
This means you may now officially start planning long and exciting cross country flights in the 2007 soaring season. With the shortest day of the year behind us it's likely that every true soaring pilot will be counting the days to the first good flight of 2007.
On checking with the maintenance shop today it does seem there is a possibility that we will have a tow plane for January 1 . We should know by this weekend - Keep a lookout on the Blog.
Here's to longer days and a GREAT 2007 soaring season.
ZA.

No comments: